Visit your local Jiffy Lube® team for the 12 essential services for your vehicle.
September 3rd, 2020
Take Care of these Items
When you buy a vehicle, you know you need to have the oil changed periodically, but do you know other things need to be taken care of? With more connectivity and alerts that can be set on your smartphone, it’s easier than ever to stay on top of the maintenance your vehicle requires. Even so, you should know what the most essential services are that need to be done and checked to keep you driving right on the road.
The 12 Essential Services
- Belts – Many vehicles today only have one serpentine belt to operate most of the systems in the engine bay. You want to make sure your belt continues to be ready to go and your local service team at Jiffy Lube® can help make sure your belt is in good working condition.
- Transmission Service – You don’t have to get your transmission serviced very often, but it does need to happen. Check your owner’s manual and consult your local service team to see how often you need to have this part of your car serviced.
- Keep the Battery Clean – If you begin to see white or bluish powder around the battery connections, you’re dealing with corrosion. Make sure the battery terminals stay clean and free of corrosion to make sure your electrical system continues to work right.
- Replace the Brake Pads – Do you hear the squeaking and squealing coming from your brakes? If so, its time to change the pads. Do this when you need to and avoid the need to change the rotors, which can make the job much more expensive.
- Replace Your Air Filter – At least once a year, you need to check your air filter and replace it. There are two of them, one for the engine and one for your cabin. Check them both and make sure they stay clean.
- Replace the Windshield Wipers – The worst feeling you could have been when you drive in the rain and your wipers don’t clear the rain from the windshield. Replaces the wipers every at every seasonal change or when they stop working right.
- Rotate Your Tires – Check the owner’s manual and rotate your tires when you should. This is a good time to make sure the tires are wearing evenly and to check your spare at the same time.
- Clean the Headlights- Dirty headlights could mean the difference between seeing at night and running into something you were sure was in your path. The team at Jiffy Lube® will clean and level your headlights to give you the night time visibility you need.
- Check the Coolant – The coolant of your vehicle is important considering the amount of heat that comes out of your engine area. Make sure this fluid is checked whenever you bring your vehicle in for service.
- A/C Service – How hot do you want to feel in your car during the summer? If you want the option of cool air without looking like a dog with your tongue out of the window, have your A/C system checked and serviced regularly.
- Tune-Ups – Keep your vehicle running right with a tune-up when it’s needed. The Jiffy Lube® team will check your spark plugs, plug wires, and other workings of your vehicle to ensure you can continue to drive with confidence.
- Fuel System Cleaning – For your vehicle to operate correctly, the fuel must get to the engine. Your fuel system has a filter and parts that need cleaning and replacement periodically. Make sure this service is performed and know that your engine will have the fuel needed to run right.
Allow the team at your local Jiffy Lube® location to handle these 12 essential services and keep your vehicle on the road. It won’t take long and you’ll be able to drive with confidence.