Engine Oil Can Break Down; Let Jiffy Lube® Offer an Affordable Oil Change Today
August 7th, 2020
How Important is an Oil Change?
Does the oil in your vehicle wear down and stop working? Why do you need to pay attention when the oil light comes on in your dashboard? Why do you need to have an oil change performed so often?
These questions might be burning in your mind when you bring your car into your local Jiffy Lube® location for service. The oil in your car is an extremely important fluid that helps to keep your engine working the way you want. Let’s look at what your oil does and why it’s important to change it regularly.
What Does Oil Do for Your Car?
- Lubricates the Engine – The oil in your vehicle lubricates the moving parts which operate at a high rate of speed. Three items would wear down quickly without the proper lubrication of the oil in your vehicle.
- Cools Engine Components – Friction and explosions are part of the function of an engine. These things create immense heat. Using oil to cool the engine, prevent unnecessary friction, and avoid overheating is necessary to the operation of your engine.
- Removes Engine Wear Particles and Sludge – The oil you use can remove dirt, debris, and sludge buildup from the engine area to make sure the components stay clean and continue to function in peak condition.
- Improved Fuel Mileage – If the oil in your engine isn’t capable of cleaning and lubricating the components, fuel is consumed at a higher rate, which leads to greater costs of fuel for the drive. Routine oil changes improve fuel mileage by 1-2 percent over the life of your vehicle.
- Promotes Vehicle Longevity – Routine maintenance helps to make your vehicle last longer. This includes having oil changes performed when you’re supposed to so that you can drive with confidence every day.
What Happens to The Oil?
During the time between oil changes, the oil breaks down, becomes contaminated with dust, dirt, and debris, and can become filled with sludge. Oil has such an important job in keeping your engine working the right way that you need to ensure your oil is changed at the proper intervals. Driving around with bad oil could lead to costly repairs that would have been prevented with one of the most affordable service items you’ll find. Don’t avoid oil changes, let the team at Jiffy Lube® assist you in keeping your car on the road and out of the repair shop.